WAX Inspector General Election in Progress
A couple of days ago we entered the nomination phase of the fifth WAX Inspector General Election. Note that candidates will only show up on the website once they put information about them.
Nominations close July 7th at 23:59:59 UTC
Voting concludes July 14th at 23:59:59 UTC
If you have any questions or comments make sure to join the official WAX Governance channel.
While we encourage every suitable candidate to ‘run for office’ we feel the need to point out, that becoming an IG is not a decision to be taken lightly.
18 Months in Office are a great commitment. The OIG is designed as a full-time position with the pay fluctuating based on WAX token price, as it’s aligned with the compensation of a Standby Guild.
Current and future tasks, the Office of Inspectors General has to cover include, but do not conclude with:
- Publishing a reoccurring evaluation report covering all Guild Candidates
- Improving and re-evaluating the OIG Evaluation Framework
- Monitoring, testing, and reviewing all products submitted by Guilds
- Technical proficiency in EOSio smart contracts or running WAX nodes. This is a requirement for the following criteria.
- Mentoring and advising new Guilds on products and infrastructure
- Coordinating and supervising the continuous development of the WAX Blockchain in cooperation with the WAX Team, both in technical and governance aspects.
- Coordinating proposed changes to Chain and/or Governance with the Guild roster.
- Building / maintaining Governance tools e.g. Websites, Smart Contracts
- Reviewing and supervising WAX Labs projects
- Preparing, editing, and coordinating the creation of educational content
As you can see, the requirements an IG has to fulfill are versatile. Feel free to check the Inspector General Onboarding Guide on Notion. While some knowledge can be acquired ‘on the job’, and the IGs usually complement each others skillset, a certain level of understanding and experience in technical aspects and blockchain governance is essential, while working proactively and independently is an absolute must. Given the scope and pay the work of the OIG has grown to, we encourage new IGs to plan to build a team to cover all knowledge bases and share the workload if the pay allows.
On a more personal level, an IG needs to stay objective, and level-headed, express oneself clearly and act de-escalating even under pressure or while being attacked personally.
- IG candidates must not run or be directly affiliated with any active Guild Candidates to prevent conflicts of interest.
- For the election to proceed to the voting stage, at least two Nominees need to have been found.
- For an election to be considered successful, a certain threshold of voting participation needs to be met. (currently defined as 15M Votes)
- With the winning candidate receiving at least 8M WAX of votes.
If any of these criteria are not met, the election process is repeated until a clear outcome has been determined.
Join the race: oig.wax.io